Student Affairs

  • Filter by

    Total Resources: 59

    Prepare for Medical Evacuations Abroad

    Higher education institutions and K-12 schools with study abroad programs should prepare for the possiblility that a student will be seriously injured and require medical evacuation. Insurance that covers evacuation can defray the expenses, but be sure to understand all policy terms, such as by whom and where students are taken, whether hospitalization is covered, and specific exclusions.

    Protect and Support Transgender Students

    Your college, university, or K-12 school may wish to provide special protection and support for transgender students.  It can take several concrete steps to this goal, including allowing students to change their records to align with their identified gender and to use housing and restrooms consistent with that gender rather than their birth gender.

    Avoid Unfavorable Indemnity Provisions in Institution Contracts

    Unfavorable indemnification or “hold harmless” provisions within a contract can cause institutions to assume liability for claims they neither caused nor can control. This common source of liability can be mitigated by working with your institution’s legal counsel or risk manager and implementing key practices described in this blog.

    In-Person Activities and Athletics

    This year, institutions conducting in-person activities and athletics should take extra precautions to protect students. Consider the precautions in this piece for keeping in-person activities and athletics safe from COVID-19.

    Load More Resources